Serving the needs and interests of retired staff
Our primary goal is to be a voice representing retiree interests to Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey and the state while maintaining a positive affiliation with the university. Presently, there are more than 4,000 staff retirees throughout the nation.
Membership benefits include The Silver Knights Herald, promoting and communicating events and activities. In addition there are opportunities to attend the fall and spring luncheons, group tours to the theater, historical sites, museums, concerts, and contributing to the good and welfare of Rutgers retirees.
The other goals of the Silver Knights include:
- Providing current and complete information on university services and benefits available to retired staff and their spouses.
- Providing information to staff retirees regarding retirement issues through the Herald and the Silver Knights website. The website provides links to other relevant resources.
- Providing information to retirees on the life of the university, including opportunities to particiate in activities.
- Sponsoring educational programs relating to the interests and problems of retired persons.
- Communicating with representatives of the university, government, and other groups affecting the welfare of retired persons.